A recent post on the Asterisk-Biz list

This morning, I was greeted with the following message from the Asterisk-BIZ mailing list: I have seen there are so many Palestine children have been killed in the Irasel-Palestine collide from the news, I am so sad about this, how do you think of this war created by Irasel army, I hate war, hate butcher, why […]

Open Source has bad reputation in Israel!

The Open Source movement had been in existence since the 60’s, and we can surely find its roots somewhere along the hippie culture and movement. While Free-Love had transcended to Free-Code, or to be more exact – Free-Knowledge, the question of the sources for your Open Source is still questionable. Comparing it with the Sixties, […]

Get Ready – isrAsterisk 2009 is coming

It’s been WAY TOO LONG, since isrAsterisk 2007. On January 2007, the first ever Asterisk convention took place in Israel, since then, nothing had really happend in Israel – in terms of community events. It’s high time to have another one, and hopefully, get the ball rolling into a state where we will have one […]

FBI Claims Asterisk is unsafe – what a load of bull

After seeing well too many movies about the US and after visiting the US for a few times, many people tend to disrespect the FBI in the USA. While I have much respect for most law enforcement agencies, wherever these are located in the world, I must admit, that the latest warning from the FBI […]

Thoughts of virtualization – Part II

I really like going to events at the GarageGeeks (www.garagegeeks.org) – apart from meeting with some friends, having a good laugh and enjoying the casual beer, the technical talks and the general subjects that are being attended at a gathering are always interesting. This time, the Geeks had decided to focus on Cloud Computing, trying […]

Sierra AirCard 880E and Mandriva Linux

As you probably already learned from a previous post, I’ve switched to Mandriva from my previous FedoraCore distro, running on my home PC and my old ThinkPad T42 notebook. Recently, I’ve signed up with Cellcom, an Israeli cellular provider for data connection only. I’ve received a Sierra AirCard 880E, which installs easily on Windows and […]

Open Source SBC – Is there such a thing?

Session Border Controllers (SBCs) are utilized as a means to providing both load balancing and security structures for VoIP networks. To be completely honest, 90% of my customers utilize SBC appliances, be it Acme Packet, Juniper, NexTone or others. According to a report by Transnesus, a combination of OpenSER and Asterisk can be utilized as […]

Thoughts of Virtualization and Asterisk

Over the past 2 years, I’ve come to love the world of virtualization. Thanks to Intel over blowted hardware, the ever dropping price of memory chips and the available of hard drives that hold more information than an 80’s main frame – virtualization became a must for almost any sane minded Linux users. Since the […]

PIKA Warp + FreePBX = Still some distance to go…

As I wrote a couple of days, I’m currently in the process of evaluating the PIKA WARP appliance. As I already said before, the PIKA WARP isn’t a real PBX, but actually a framework for building PBX type appliances. For me, the entire evaluation process is more or less a process of trial and error, […]

Hijacked by RTFM to la-la land

I keep a vigilant eye on Google Alerts. To be more exact, I’ve got a few alerts defined, in accordance to subjects that interest me. Two of these subjects are Asterisk and FreeSwitch. Recently, the following had been posted on a personal blog: Chose Freeswitch over Asterisk October 28, 2008 – 12:09 am Posted in Uncategorized […]