Asterisk updates, rants and raves

Well, I guess it’s time for another Israeli Asterisk update post – one that was well due a long time now. This post was written after the recent hectic 3 weeks of Asterisk events and news here in Israel. So, I guess we’ll open with some news – beep, beep, beep.

Being a successful Asterisk Consultant (Part 2)

Last time, I’ve contemplated upon the various aspects of being an Asterisk consultant, mainly judging these from the Asterisk/Open Source point-of-view. Today, I’d like to contemplate upon a different approach of being a consultant, mainly, the various aspects that are usually not associated with Asterisk consultancy, however, can increase your overall perception by your prospective customer.

Being a successful Asterisk Consultant

A while back, John Todd from Digium, had posted an entry on the Digium blog web site, regarding how to be a successfull Asterisk consultant. While I completely agree with John’s views on the matter, from obtaining a dCAP certificate to the envolvment with the community – there are a few points missing from that post, at least in my view. I will try to add some additional information here, in the hopes that it may help you build your business.

Battling the GlobalCrossing CallerID blues

As a part of my job, I manage and maintain customer platform – usually operating in the Calling Cards and VoIP services market. Over the course of time, I’ve learned to rely on some providers in this world, knowing that they work 99.999% of the time. For example, i like working with DID numbers provided […]

Asterisk AGI Programming – New Book

Well, it’s finally out – my new book that is 🙂 Some of you already know, but over the past year I’ve been busy writing a new book. This time it’s a book for Asterisk developers, especially tailored to PHP developers wishing to utilizing the PHPAGI framework. The book is out from Packt Publishing (Like […]

Virtualizing Asterisk – Digium Asterisk World, Feb 2008

Well, I just got back from the ITExpo show in Miami, Florida. I have to admit that I really enjoyed the venue, although I didn’t really have time to walk the floor. The main reason that I was unable to walk the floor was due to the fact that I gave a talk, as part […]

So long SigValue – Hello Asterisk + EC2!

As some of you may know, I’ll be attending the ITExpo in Miami Beach, Florida. The subject I’ll be lecturing about is “Virtualizing Asterisk”. However, I have to be honest, I really need to change the subject to be called “Asterisk in the Cloud“. Ever since the introduction of Amazon EC2, people had been trying […]

Hybrid Spins, Price cuts and more…

I really like marketing spins, there is nothing more amuzing than a good marketing spin – especially when its being performed by a big company. Israel, as much as I don’t like admiting it, is one of the world’s biggest spin experts, especially when it comes to technology and marketing. One of my best friends […]